Tag Archives: Union flag on furniture

The Union Jack Coffee Table: Part 2

As promised from yesterday’s post, here’s more detailed information on how I did this Union Jack design on an old coffee table. I did make some mistakes and I will point them out to you, so you will sail through this easily!

First, a little history of the Union Jack. It’s actually called the Union Flag (made up of the Saltires – heraldic symbols –  of the Cross of St. George for England, the Cross of St. Patrick for Ireland and the Cross of St. Andrew for Scotland). The correct use of the phrase “Union Jack” is only for when it’s on a ship. Didn’t know that til this morning!

Union Jack coffee table


Thanks for stopping by The Colorful Bee! Stay in touch and never miss a post.
*Subscribe to receive an e-mail when a new post is up, HERE.
6 Comments | Posted in Annie Sloan's chalk paint, Decorative Finishes, interior design, Makeovers, Paint, Tutorials