I just wanted to do a quick blog post while I’m away in CA. I have to go back to this home to take better photos…but I thought I’d share another idea for panels in wainscoting.
A friend of mine, interior designer, Rosemarie Spratt, wanted something very special for her entryway – she wanted it to be drop dead gorgeous! Oh boy – not too much to ask of me, right? We first used a cinnamon color on her walls – and then troweled on a metallic plaster in a brown suede color from Modern Masters on her walls.
1) For the wainscoting panels – you can use any texture you’d like, but I used a mixture of two products from Faux Effects – 1 part PlasterTex and 1 part Softex. I rolled it on and then I took a wallpaper brush and stried the texture to form a vertical design.
Before…Nice, but Plain!
2) Then, after it was dry, I did an embossed stencil. I used two designs from Royal Design Studio – Delicate Floral Panels. Size-wise, they fit these panels perfectly. To get the raised design, I used PlasterTex as the texture. Then, I let it dry.
3) I painted all the panels with a bronzey/copper metallic paint. Again, you can use any one that you’d like but I used two mixed colors of Faux Effects’ Metal Glow paint.
4) When that was dry, I antiqued all the panels with a dark brown glaze.
The Entryway After
5) For the final touch, I antiqued all the moldings with the same dark brown glaze.
Here are some other pics from the project…
And here’s a peek into her powder room, while I will blog about very soon!!
This was a fairly huge entryway, so the entire project took about 8 days to do. But – it was so worth it – Rosemarie loves her entryway – and that’s the most important thing, right?
I promise to go back and re-shoot this project. So, please return again soon to see more pictures of this gorgeous room.
Thanks for looking! You also may want to see another way I decorated wainscoting – with burlap…HERE
Hi Linda: Oh, so elegant. Just beautiful and I look forward to seeing more..Happy Weekend..Judy
What an amazing artist you are!! 8 days, you are a great friend too….Simply amazing….
WOW! You are very talented! Beautiful entryway.
Thanks for your lovely comments!
Lovely! That's a beautiful entry
Your entry is gorgeous! Very creative.. I'm a New Follower.
Thanks – I see that you have a link party. Will join up!
Welcome to California – hope your time here is wonderful and adventurous!
Love that entry – those stencils are gorgeous and just perfect to the Foyer space. Kudos!!
Thanks so much!
My first visit here….I think you've posted some wonderful projects, and have a gorgeous site! Thanks for stopping by to “introduce” yourself today!
Thanks Mitzi – I love your blog as well
I have been wanting to work with some plaster on my furniture. Love the technique. Thanks for sharing!
That looks beautiful!! Now following. 🙂
Thanks for visiting my blog! I just love all your wonderful painting. I could use some help at my house!
Hi Linda, Wow that entryway is gorgeous! I love everything about it but especially the stencil. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving kind words about my kitchen remodel. Have a great week.
Impressive!! thanks so much for your visit and leaving your sweet comments so i could find my way here!! great job! blessings ~ tanna
Beautiful work! It's amazing that you did all of that in only 8 days. Bravo!
Wow you did a great job! It looks amazing. I'm a new follower and would love if you followed me back at http://www.iheartpears.blogspot.com
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!